Typically, there are more than 70 water damage incidents monthly in a population of 100,000 people. That means that there are over 1,400 water damage incidents per month in a metro area the size of Houston. Even though there is a minimal chance that you may experience a water damage incidence in the next five years, there there is a very good chance that you won’t be ready for it. The water damage may be very devastating, especially if you do not know what to do in this situation.
First, remain calm. Be sure to turn off the breaker to the wet areas of the building before entering hose areas, or unplugging and moving anything electrical. Only then should you move any items on the floor to dry areas. If the source of the water is a broken or leaking pipe, turn off the water to building, or to that area.
Second, call a professional who has the experience to know how to handle these situations. Then the professional will know how to take care of your problem. They can immediately being the drying process, and most importantly, take control of the situation and put your mind at ease. They will monitor the drying process daily, and keep your insurance company informed.
Third, don’t wait. Most insurance policies require the insured to take actions to mitigate further damage. Experts agree that the first 48 hours are critical in preventing the growth of mold and other microbes that can lean to can unhealthy environment and the need for more extensive structural repairs. That’s why it is important to have professionals on site as soon as possible to remove all excess water and set up the property equipment to produce large amounts of dry air and begin the drying process immediately.
Flood Restoration: Fixing Water Damage
Water and Flood Damage Information For Your Property
Water damages requires immediate attention to minimize further losses. In case a water damage occurs in your home or property try to locate the problem. By doing so you can help prevent further damages. Examples are turning off the water line for faucet,washing machine or dishwasher.Call a plumber to report a leak for service and report the damage to your Insurance Company. Your insurance adjusters will guide you through the process and will give you advices on what to do. Then move Items in advance such as furnitures, boxes, clothes, beds, etc. to a room which is unaffected. The basic idea here is to Move and Protect your personal belongings and documents. Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold.
"Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in "48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas." This is a fact and documented by mold experts.
Water Damage Tips
*Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
*Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
*Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
*Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected.
*Remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
*Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
*Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
*Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
*Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
*Report your damage to your insurance company.
*Get help from a Professional for water damage restoration service.
Hazards caused by a Water Damage in your Home
Growth of Mold
Mildew or Strong Mildew Smell
Unpleasant or Bad Indoor Air Quality
Growth of other kinds of Micro-Organisms
Most Flood Damages are from natural disasters. To minimize your losses it is good to check always the area of your Property in case you need to purchase additional coverage. Ask your Insurance Company about flood insurance and if you qualify for it.It is always best to have additional coverage if your home or facility is in in a Flood Prone Area.Remember that water which comes from outside of your home mostly are not covered by your regular home insurance policy. It is always best to read and understand your policy.
In cases of severe storms or hurricanes always be prepared. Here are some Immediate Thingst that you might need .
* Handheld Radios and Batteries to listen for Warning Updates
* A Good Supply of Bottled Water
* Flashlights with Batteries
* Cellphones Fully Charged
* Jackets or Raincoats
This is a safety reminder by RJ Cleaning and Restoration
Flood Damage - Is the Hotel Or Motel Where You Are Staying Safe From Mold Infestation?
When it comes to water damage what you don't know really can hurt you! Water damage can result in increased insurance rates, decreased resale value of home and property, and even health issues for years to come if not properly - and promptly - repaired. Learn how to protect yourself and your family from water related damage with these quick tips:
1. React Fast. Time is of the essence. When water damage takes place it is imperative to contact an Atlanta water damage and extraction company as soon as possible. Don't wait until the next morning - search for providers that offer 24/7 support! Mold and mildew can begin growing within 24 to 48 hours!
2. Remove. Until all the water is extracted and the humidity levels returned to normal, it may be necessary to remove furniture and other items from the area even if they aren't in direct contact with the water. High humidity and general unsanitary conditions may contaminate other items. Work with a reputable Atlanta water damage repair service that provides relocation and storage assistance for your belongings.
3. Report. Extensive water related damages often require the financial support of insurance - after all, that is what insurance is for. Don't risk the health and security of your family and investments by trying to do it yourself; instead, locate a reputable Atlanta water damage and restoration company that works with insurance to help you begin the process of restoring your property.
4. Renew. Sometimes it is necessary to eliminate contaminated items - especially If the water damage is due to sewage overflow, flood waters or other potentially harmful water sources. The rule of thumb is "if in doubt - throw it out". A qualified water restoration expert can assist in providing valuable information on whether or not your belongings are safe to keep and capable of being cleaned.
5. Review. Water damage can impact the entire home including air quality, drywall, upholstery and even hardwood flooring. Save time and money by dealing with a company capable of providing full service when you need it. When searching for an Atlanta water damage repair, Water damage restoration and Water damage extraction company, consider a full service company like Kiwi Services that provides carpet, wood floor restoration, air vent cleaning and upholstery cleaning with just one call. It saves valuable time and money so you can get your home - and life- back to normal.
- Houston, Texas Emergency Services Restoration
- Bellaire, Texas Water Damage Cleaning Service
- Bunker Hill Village, Texas Water Restoration Service
- Deer Park, Texas Water Removal Services
- El Lago, Texas Home Restoration Services
- Galena Park, Texas Water Mitigation Services
- Hedwig Village, Texas Cleaning And Restoration Services
- Hilshire Village, Texas Basement Water Removal Service
- Humble, Texas Emergency Flood Services
- Hunters Creek Village, Texas Disaster Cleaning Services
- Jacinto City, Texas Water Damage Cleaning Service
- Jersey Village, Texas Disaster Cleaning Services
- La Porte, Texas Water Cleanup Services
- Morgan’s Point, Texas Cleaning And Restoration Services
- Nassau Bay, Texas Water Extraction Service
- Pasadena, Texas Disaster Restoration Services
- Piney Point Village, Texas Water Mitigation Services
- Shoreacres, Texas Flood Cleanup Services
- South Houston, Texas Water Damage Cleaning Service
- Southside Place, Texas Cleaning And Restoration Services
- Spring Valley Village, Texas Flood Restoration Service
- Taylor Lake Village, Texas Property Restoration Services
- Tomball, Texas Water Mitigation Services
- Webster, Texas Flood Services
- West University Place, Texas Restoration Services
- Aldine, Texas Cleaning And Restoration Services
- Atascocita, Texas Water Damage Emergency Service
- Barrett, Texas Basement Water Removal Service
- Channelview, Texas Flood Services
- Cinco Ranch, Texas Water Removal Services
- Cloverleaf, Texas Damage Restoration Services
- Crosby, Texas Water Mitigation Services
- Highlands, Texas Emergency Flood Services
- Mission Bend, Texas Flood Restoration Service
- Sheldon, Texas Flood Cleanup Services
- Spring, Texas Flood Cleanup Services
- The Woodlands, Texas Basement Flood Cleanup Services
- Alief, Texas Flood Cleaning Services
- Airline, Texas Water Damage Repair Service
- Bammel, Texas Water Damage Emergency Service
- Barker, Texas Water Removal Services
- Beaumont Place, Texas Water Damage Cleaning Service
- Bridgeland, Texas Mold Clean Up Service
- Cedar Bayou, Texas Property Restoration Services
- Champions Forest, Texas Damage Restoration Services
- Cimarron, Texas Restoration Services
- Coady, Texas Damage Restoration Services
- Cypress, Texas Cleaning Restoration Services
- Dyersdale, Texas Disaster Restoration Services
- East Aldine, Texas Water Damage Cleaning Service
- Fall Creek, Texas Water Damage Repair Service
- Hockley, Texas Disaster Cleaning Services
- Houmont Park, Texas Water Damage Service
- Huffman, Texas Emergency Flood Services
- Hufsmith, Texas Flood Cleaning Services
- Kingwood, Texas Water Damage Clean Up Service
- Klein , Texas Water Damage Emergency Service
- Kleinbrook, Texas Emergency Flood Services
- Kohrville, Texas Water Damage Restoration Service
- Louetta, Texas Water Removal Services
- Lynchburg, Texas Disaster Cleaning Services
- McNair, Texas Water Mitigation Services
- North Houston, Texas Water Damage Restoration Service
- Northcliffe, Texas Disaster Cleaning Services
- Northcliffe Manor, Texas Flood Cleaning Services
- Northgate Forest, Texas Water Mitigation Services
- Remington Ranch, Texas Flood Cleaning Services
- Rose Hill, Texas Basement Flood Cleanup Services
- Satsuma, Texas Water Cleanup Services
- Timber Meadows, Texas Basement Water Removal Service
- Traces, Texas Flood Damage Services
- Westfield, Texas Disaster Cleaning Services
- Katy, Texas Emergency Flood Services
- Sugar Land, Texas Disaster Cleaning Services
- Pearland, Texas Water Damage Cleaning Service
- Richmond, Texas Basement Water Removal Service
- Missouri City, Texas Flood Restoration Service
- Friendswood, Texas Water Cleanup Services
- League City, Texas Water Damage Restoration Service